Sunday, September 13, 2020

Animation Principles in my Character Rig

 Slow In & Slow Out

The first principle I will cover for my character rig is the Slow In & Slow Out principle. I choose this one because I made a run cycle for my animation, so I have a fast in and fast out. The book states, "Objects that burst into full speed immediately can look weightless and unrealistic" (Cooper, 2019 p.g. 33). This is true but for strictly a run cycle that is used for running one would not want it to have a slow out while you are consistently running because then the run animation would just look wonky. For that reason, you just insert an animation of the character slowing down while exiting the run cycle.

Secondary Action

"Secondary actions are used to complement and emphasize the primary action of the character, adding extra detail and visual appeal to the base action" (Cooper, 2019 p.g. 36). For my run animation, I have secondary actions in place that involve the hair moving while mid-leap and so on and so forth.

Straight Ahead and Pose to Pose

This principle is probably the most important in my animation because I worked on all 10 frames individually and did pose to pose actions in my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Skills Summit

 Bruce Berman       This week I attended the presentation given by Bruce Berman, who was the producer that worked on Nickelodeon shows such ...